Answer the below questions. Title your Doc, the name of your animal. Write out
the answers using complete sentences. You will
write two drafts; a first draft, then a final draft. Each draft must include sources.
Please note: Millhopper Tech is not the actual source, the source is the website that you find your information. Use three websites to verify your information. Use one book. Be sure to write down your sources: Add the title of the website and the URL for websites, for the book source, write the title and author. As you research your animal read all the information provided, take notes as you find the answer to the below questions. DO not start out looking for the answer to your questions. Start by reading all about your animal.
1. What is the name of the Florida Animal you are researching? The Florida animal I researched is ___________________.
2. The ______ is a vertebrate or invertebrate (choose one) and a insect, bird, reptile, mammal, fish, etc. ( If, for example, you choose a reptile, is it a turtle, lizard, snake, or alligator? )
3. What is the scientific name, class and phylum of the animal?
4. In what environment does the animal live? wetlands, forest, salt water, fresh water, etc.
5. How does the animal reproduce? born alive, by means of eggs, etc. How long is the gestation period? Does it build unusual nests? Does it care for its offspring?
6. What does the animal eat?
7. What is the size of the animal and weight as an adult. How long is its lifespan?
8. How does the animal move? creeping, walking, flying, swimming, other?
9. Who/what are its natural or other enemies? Is it endangered? If yes, how many are left in the state of Florida or the world?
10. Is it able to hide? If so, how?
11. Write four more details, not stated above about the animal.
12. Why did you choose this animal?